Working with eyewitness accounts — Videotaped
[Excerpt From Holodomor in Ukraine, The Genocidal Famine 1932-33: Teaching Materials for Teachers and Students – By Valentina Kuryliw]
View the DVD:
- “Holodomor—Let Their Memory Be Eternal” by CanadInns, a 15minute production includes the accounts of 12 Holodomor survivors orresearch on websites: www.holodomorsurvivors.ca and/or
- “Voices Of Survivors”, DVD
Answer the following questions:
- Gather 10 facts about the Holodomor from the accounts of the survivors.
- According to survivors, who were the:
- What evidence was given that the Famine was deliberate?
- How did some people survive?
- Select an incident described that was especially:
- distressing: OR
- memorable or uplifting:
- Describe the survivors.
Download print friendly version of the activity
We are committed to providing accessible information. If you need alternate formats, please contact us.